Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Just Four Weeks?!?

I woke up this morning at 4 a.m. I'm sure I woke up because my bladder was screaming at me that it was way past time to take a trip to the lou but it made me mad nonetheless.

After my trip to the restroom, I returned to bed and hoped that sleep would come quickly. Instead what I got were jumbled thoughts of all the things that have yet to be done before Grace's nascent. (I think I used that word correctly. It's one of my GRE words. What do ya think?)

So, here's the list in no particular order. By the way, this freak out is coming at a much later date than it did with Justice. With him, I started worrying at 13 weeks out. How did I make it this far without the crazies?

Anyway, here's my list:

1. AND THIS ONE IS HUGE! Figure out what the plan is for Justice when I go into labor. It's not like I can determine when she's coming which makes it difficult to figure out what to do with him when that happens.
2. Find the things we'll need -
boppy
bottles
nursing cover
pump
bottle warmer (did we have one of those before?)
3. Set up the nursery. We have yet to put the crib back together since Justice was sleeping in it (as a toddler bed) up until last week. We also have to figure out where to put her clothes.
4. CLOTHES! WOW! We have been given and promised so many clothes that I'm a little overwhelmed and oh so incredibly grateful. I do, however, need to go through them to figure out what will work, what might work, what won't work and then wash them and put them away (see number 3).
5. Buy a few things:
Accessories for the cloth diapers
Bows for her hair
Wall Art
Pajamas for me so I can get out of that silly hospital gown sooner
Other nursing necessities that I'm sure no one wants to read about
6. STOP FREAKING OUT!! Everyone keeps telling me it will be okay and I know it will mostly because I don't really have a choice but I still worry that I'll forget something - like my mind!
7. Take Kelly's advice and put a pad of paper and pen beside my bed so that the next time I wake up at 4 a.m. I can make my list, get it out of my head, and go back to sleep!
8. Oh yeah, somewhere in there, I have to take the GRE which also means I've got to study!

I am thoroughly going to enjoy the time between February 25 (the day I take the GRE) and March 12 (due date). I am going to watch as much TV as I want, sit in the silence and soak it up because there will be so much less of that when baby comes, enjoy just being a family of 3 for just a little bit longer. I will miss being just the three of us.

I am, however, thoroughly excited about watching Justice become a big brother to Gracie. He already asks if he'll be able to carry her and hold her and let her sit on his lap while he plays drums! He's going to be fantastic at this big brother thing - I just know it!

So, in case I don't get a chance to update again before Gracie comes, simply know we might not be ready physically but we're definitely ready emotionally.

2 comments:

Kristina Raines said...

You are more ready than you think. Really, you are. And you also know that not everything HAS to be done before she comes. It's nice if it is. At least I think it is. I've never known anyone who had it ALL done before their baby came. I certainly never did, and I had 3 times to try. Just be as present in your moments as you can be, so that you can enjoy them to the fullest.
And don't freak about the GRE. It's not a one shot kind of thing, though, I'm sure you'll do fine. I made it through, so that says a lot. ;)
Peace to you, love.

Lorelie said...

I'm with Kristina...You're more ready than you think. You're gonna be great!! Love you.