Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The One Armed Bandit Strikes!!

So, for those of you who don't know, Justice broke his arm last week. He was climbing down the ladder of a bunk bed and either jumped or fell and broke his humurus. Broke it so bad that he had to have two pins put in. He rode in an ambulance and had an IV and everything. The morphine made him see weird things and his Mommy and Daddy did not do as well as he did - to be honest. I know accidents happen but it sucks when they happen so close to home.

So, vacation was a bust for us.

When we got home from vacation and this ordeal, we were a little afraid to put him back in daycare so soon after the accident. After a few phone calls to his teachers, they assured us that he would be okay. So, off he went.

This morning, I was taking Gracie to her class. As I was handing her teacher everything that comes with Gracie, she told me that the day before, she was watching the kids play on the playground. While they were out there, a little one fell and to her surprise, Justice was the first one on the scene to help him or her (i don't know if it was a boy or a girl) up - broken arm and all.

When I'm looking for definitions of my kid's names I have no further to look than them. My one-armed bandit showed justice to someone else. I can hear cheering - oh wait, that's me.

1 comment:

Lorelie said...

I'm cheering too! Go Justice!!!