Thursday, September 30, 2004

It all started last Thursday at 2 am. It happened again at 6 am. Then again on Friday around 1:30 and that lasted all through the evening until 9:30 or 10. Again on Monday morning around 6:30, Tuesday at noon and yesterday at 3. Migraines. As of yesterday, 5 out of the last 7 days were filled with migraines. Why? I don't know. I'm guessing it's mold or mildew - effects from wonderful Tropical Storm Ivan. I think perhaps it's taking over my home. So now, not only is all of my furniture displaced and the concrete floor laid bare, I'm getting sick. Perhaps it's not mildew but it's the only justified reason I can think of.

Then Tuesday of this week, the smell started again - mildew, wet carpet but this time it wasn't at home - it was in my office! I can't get away from it. Moved furniture at home so that you can barely navigate your way and you definitely can't sit on a couch or make yourself at "home." Now there's moved furniture at work to make room for the massive fan they brought in (wish I had one of those at home instead of my dinky box fans). Everything's out of order. Everything's moved. There's the constant hum of a fan everywhere I go and the faint smell of wet carpet. Everything's unorganized. There is no regularity to my life.

I keep telling myself it's not that bad - that we'll get through it but part of me really just wants to give up and move. The task of taking care of everything that needs to be taken care of seems so overwhelming.

I called my mom yesterday and of course I cried. I didn't mean to. I didn't want to. I knew it would upset her and that's not what I wanted but I was at the beginning of my fifth migraine in seven days and I was scared. She called a friend and that friend came to the rescue. Marty and I stayed over at her house last night just to see if, in fact, it really is something in the house causing me to be sick. I've now gotten a fresh perspective and renewed hopes. The day hasn't passed yet and I guess I'm not out of the clear but my hope has been restored - my spirits have been lifted.

All it took was a good friend whose love knows no end. Thank you Jo Jo and Jill for letting Marty and I in. We love you.

By the way, I'm sure the Lord is trying to teach me something through this. Usually when something goes wrong in my life He's got a better thing waiting for me anyway. We'll see how this one pans out but I'm trying really hard to trust in him and do what's right according to Him. Lord, please see us through this place. Please. I know you will. Thank you.
I love you. Amen.

1 comment:

A. St. said...

Hey, I am sorry to hear about your migraines. I just found your blog...didn't know you had one! How are you? Hope all is going well. Shoot me an email or something and fill me in on your life! My email is annastr@regent.edu and our new # is (757) 477-9546.
Give Marty our love!