Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Ugh!

I leave for Russia in a week and a day! I should be excited but right now I'm just worried and stressed. I haven't even sent off for my visa yet because I don't have a hotel reservation yet because I can't get someone to tell me if I have the right address and on top of that I don't have the right credit card. I tried calling the Eastern Europe THQ yesterday at about 2:30 our time, completely forgetting there is a time change (duh) and I got an angry man on the other end of the line screaming at me "Niet Niet Niet...No No No." "Okay, thank you sir." And a polite hang up. That was actually quite funny. How could I not know that they are 8 hours ahead and that I called a poor man at 10:30 in the evening. Then I feel extra guilty because I asked my friend Jason to come in to work with me early this morning to call and be my translator and the woman who answered the phone spoke English! So he got up early this morning and came here for nothing. Sorry Jason! Anyway, it turns out everyone that I need to speak to in Russia is in Spain! So, now I'm a week and a day away from going to Russia and have no one to call and still no answers. I'm a little scared at this point. If you're reading this and it's before April 13, would you mind saying short prayer for my trip - I'll be gone from the 13 to the 19. Thank you!

Lord, please make the crooked way straight. I want to do this for your glory and to prepare the way for your servants who will go there after me so that they might glorify your name. I love you, Amen.

2 comments:

KIMISLOVED said...

I'm praying for you!
Why are you going to Russia? :-)

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » » »