Thursday, March 31, 2005

Cool Quote Friday - A Day Early and Six Days Late!

I'm sorry to everyone who waited so anxiously last Friday for a quote and didn't get one. Good Friday would've been the perfect opportunity but it simply got away from me.
I'm posting two today to make up for it. One for last Friday and one for tomorrow since I won't have the chance tomorrow. I've found some pretty fantastic and challenging things out of the book Devotional Classics. So, here they are.

"It ought to be tremendously helpful to be able to acquire the habit of reaching out strongly after God's thoughts, and to ask, 'God, what have you to put into my mind now if only I can be large enough?' That waiting, eager attitude ought to give God the chance he needs." ~Frank Laubach

I want to be brave enough to ask God that question.

"In 'thanksgiving' we recount blessings received and thus strengthen our confidence and enable ourselves to wait trustingly for what we pray." ~Martin Luther

It's true you know. When you remember what he's done for you and what he's given you - what he's brought you through, it's not too hard to wait for what you know He wants to give you.

I hope your weekend will be tremendous. Marty and I will be in Hagerstown, Maryland for their Youth Councils. I'm actually speaking tomorrow night for their young adult meeting. Please keep me in your prayers. Speaking always makes me nervous but I'm excited as well.

Grace and Justice,
Joy

No comments:

Blog Archive