Wednesday, March 30, 2005

The beginning of an addiction...

Since college I've always loved Mountain Dew. It's one of those things that just makes me want to sit back, kick off my shoes and enjoy a nice warm day. Every once in a while, however, the NEED for a Mountain Dew kicks in - mostly because I had little to no sleep the night before and I'm feeling it the next day. The funny thing is I usually guage my intake of caffiene - make sure I don't have it too close to bedtime, don't have too much in one week, make sure I drink all 64 oz. of water every day. Yes, I'm that anal about my liquids - if only I were that way concerning my consumption of food.

Anyway, about two weeks ago, Marty and I stopped at Taco Bell (by the way, ranked number 2 in cleanliness out of Fast Food restaurants for the city)and I ordered my dinner and because it was a combo (see what I mean about my food consumption?) I got one of the HUGE cups to put anything I like in it and of course, I chose Mountain Dew. Well, at first I chose that Mountain Dew Baja Blast junk - gross, don't ever put that stuff in your mouth. So, anyway, I drank the vat of Mt. Dew and savored every minute. It had been a hard day and I needed a pick me up. What I didn't realize was how far it would pick me up and for how long.

Fast forward a couple of hours. It is now about 10 o'clock, maybe 10:30 and I'm lying in a dark room, eyes wide open. I hear the front door open and I just lay there - waiting. Waiting for my chance. What chance you ask?

MY CHANCE TO TALK MARTY'S HEAD OFF FOR THE NEXT HALF HOUR!! Poor guy. He came in the room, tired from a hard days work and I start blabbing. "I'm wide awake. Are you? I don't think I'll ever go to sleep. What was I thinking drinking that much Mt. Dew so close to bedtime? Did you have a good day? What did you do? Where did you go? How were classes?" (please note I'm not waiting for a response)

AND THEN...it hits me like a bolt of lightening.

"Oh no! Marty! This Mt. Dew is going to keep me up all night! Then tomorrow morning I'll be so tired that I won't be able to stay awake at work and I'll need another Mt. Dew just to make it through the day. Then I won't be able to sleep again tomorrow night.....(insert huge gasp here) This is the beginning of an addiction!

I know...quite possibly not that funny in the blog world as it was at 10:30 at night as Marty was trying to fall asleep. Needless to say, it hasn't become an addiction for those of you who were worried. I'm still drinking my water although I do believe that my caffeine consumption has increased quite a bit since that evening.

Oh well!

1 comment:

Phil said...

MOUNTAIN DEW RULES!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Archive