Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Working mission into life

Please read the link above - particularly the post called "you must be very lucky to have her in your church" before reading on.

Gordon wrote at the end of his blog, "I do feel proud that she should feel at home with us and that she has worked out a life of mission which comes as natural to her as breathing!"

Man! I want a life like that. I'm learning lately that I'm a lot more lukewarm than I'd like to admit. I can't decide which side of the fence I'm on in many decisions - politically and personally. That's pretty sad. I know now why God said he would rather us be hot or cold than lukewarm. Lukewarm moves you to indecision and ultimately inaction - that's pretty sad.

I live a life that desires mission - my heart beats for it and I long for it - overseas and yet I can't seem to get it into my daily life. I can't seem to make it across the street to meet and get to know my neighbors. Gordon's blog was about a lady who doesn't seem to dress all that well but people know her by her love and compassion - they know her by her good deeds. He said that she has worked out a life of mission that comes as natural to her as breathing.

Oh how I long for a life like that - a life of mission that comes as natural to me in my neighborhood, in my hometown, in my country as breathing does. I've got to get it right. Jesus called me to it. Be my witness - in Samaria, Judea and to the ends of the world. He didn't leave any place out so why should I?

Lord, keep me from being lukewarm. Keep me from waiting for a voice from heaven to do what I know would please you. Help me to integrate mission into my life now - not later, not someday but today, this week.

3 comments:

so i go said...

the cry of your heart is so evident, so true.. keep following it. i'll be excited to see where those prayers lead you!

so i go said...

the cry of your heart is so evident, so true.. keep following it. i'll be excited to see where those prayers lead you!

sarah jewett clarke said...

i agree with the above.

:: on the edge of my seat...waiting for cool quote friday ::

Blog Archive