Friday, February 23, 2007

The Beginning of Week 31

I have 9 weeks left until Justice comes. Surprisingly enough (i guess) I'm not ready for this to be over. I'm not ready to "get this over with" nor do I want him to come early. Janell said last week, "Mark my words, he'll be here in six weeks." Wha huh? No please. I haven't said this to most people but I'm going to confess. I don't want him to come early because if he does then I'll have to return to work before I get to go on vacation with my family. So, I have about a 2 week span where he could come early. Anymore than that and I'm back at work while everyone else gets tans. Not that I tan really but I would like to feel the sand beneath my feet.

Laly came to visit this weekend. She's the greatest. We went and painted pottery and spent ALL of the day there. Who knew it took so long to make a teapot pretty? That whole three coats of paint rule can be a bit much. We ate at Everybody's Pizza. If you haven't been - you should go. Love it!

More than that, I just love spending time with my best friend. It's about quality time and conversation when we're together. We talk about everything - our relationships, people we care about, work, our hopes, our dreams. It's not all serious but it's so refreshing to just spend time with someone that you know genuinely cares and wants to know what's going on and that you trust with anything. Wish we still lived in the same city. Maybe someday.

Valentine's Day was nice. We didn't celebrate until the Friday afterwards though. Actually, Marty found his present a day early. It was my fault. I asked him to empty the closet where it was stashed so that the carpet people could get to the floor in there. There it was. Doh! I even missed seeing his reaction but he assures me he likes it. I got roses in three colors this year - white for "I can't remember," Marty said, yellow because we're friends and red because he loves me. He's sweet but also a little sappy at times. He took me to California Dreamin' and I had lovely fried shrimp - yummmmmm. (This post is starting to sound like I'm hungry, I'm not, I promise). He also gave me a FANTASTIC GC to Spa Sydell for a prenatal massage but that was a belated birthday gift. Hey, if I have to wait a month every year for a gift that good, I don't mind one bit.

We're heading to Charlotte this weekend for some relaxation with Rob and Heather. We'll get to spend some time with the War College students which should be exciting. I always love receiving the wisdom Rob and Heather have to share.

Next week I'm off to New Orleans to do a set up trip for the Salvationist Service Corps teams that will be spending their summer in Gulfport or NOLA. Should be interesting.

Maybe I am a little hungry or perhaps I simply daydream about food all the time. Does anyone else do that? Maybe it's the whole being pregnant thing. I'm not amazed anymore when people tell me how much weight they gained while they were pregnant. It's hard work NOT gaining all that weight.

I'll quit rambling now.
Have a lovely weekend.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're a hot pregnant lady Joy Mikles.

Anonymous said...

that's meant to be a compliment - not freaky deaky weirdo or anything.

Anonymous said...

Em was 2 DAYS early and I wasn't ready. :) "They" say that your first never comes early....does that comfort? Caleb was 2 weeks early, so maybe there's a little truth to it...
Hope you're feeling well and energized throughout your pregnancy. Write down everything about this experience, believe it or not, you'll forget sooner than you think. :)

Lesley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lesley said...

stupid janell. here's to TWELVE more weeks.

(oh, it can happen. just ask my mom.)

Anonymous said...

avery was 2 days early i was one day early and my sister was almost a month late. either way all will be well. and just for the record i daydream about food allllllllllll the time and i'm not pregnant. food is good man. preggers or not! hope you make it to your vacation b4 baby justice arrives! thinking of you~~~~