Tuesday, February 13, 2007

So this is what they call nesting

I had read about nesting. I heard stories from other women who went through it during their last trimester. I just always wondered what it would look like and whether or not it would happen to me. Honestly, I always secretly hoped it would. It just seemed like some sort of instinctual desire that would take over and help me work through the lack of energy to make sure things got done. Turns out, I was right! It was almost as if the desire kicked in just as Marty's plane left for Argentina. His absence I would not allow to keep me from moving forward. In fact, I saw it as the perfect opportunity to get more done!

So, in the past 2 weeks, we've gotten an over the range microwave installed, one light fixture installed (soon to be two), two bedrooms painted (one is Justice's), a hallway painted and tonight - the family room! Tomorrow, carpet will be installed. Thursday the other light gets installed and this weekend - perhaps we'll see a complete house (perhaps). I can't leave Marty out of this list however. Yesterday, he came home from Argentina and after a short nap, he was up and finished the laminate floor in the kitchen!!!

So, it turns out I was worried about not being ready for nothing. Justice will have a place to lay his head when we bring him home from the hospital (as long as Marty can figure out how to put the crib together) and Marty and I will even have a more beautiful house out of the deal too!

Seriously, it almost feels like a completely new house. There's still a long list of stuff that has to be done - doors hung, hardward installed, trim painted and hung, blah blah blah. But! But, there's this sense of accomplishment that comes with it all that makes the pain and the sleepiness worth it.

Life is slowly returning to normal. We actually eat meals at home now, that I cook. Nevermind that they may or may not have come out of a box. If I have to add heat, I cooked it.

So, nesting, as it turns out, is a real thing - not just a myth. And it didn't pass me by! Hallelujah!

Now, If I could just get Marty to realize how much more superior Starbucks is to Dunkin Donuts, I could at least get a morning caffeine fix instead of just chocolate milk.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

*smile* nesting is fun and you don't even realize you're doing it...we had lam floors put down and bought new furniture. i was cleaning and organizing. i had all of avery's clothes washed and put away and the room was ready....but we didn't get the room officially ready until like october something and the floors and furniture happened the first week in november...we cut it close...but non the less...it was done!!! i think it's bc i knew i'd have NO time to do it after she got here! happy times! ps i didn't know you had decided on the name....justice is cool!! talk to you soon! xoxoxo

Lesley said...

so, why have we seen no pictures of the swingin' new pad?

Jill said...

i 2nd lesley's question...

Anonymous said...

My darling Joy,

Why are there no pictures here of you in your present state...and I don't mean Georgia! Maybe there are pictures, and I just don't know how to locate them. Remember I am old and navigating these blogs is a new challenge for me. I should leave it to the youngsters like you and Mollie.

Love you lots,

Julee