Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmastime Is Here

So, it turns out we've been celebrating Christmas since the day after Thanksgiving. Proven by the picture of Jake and Justice in their Santa suits - taken the day after Thanksgiving.

This season, I'm really trying to take everything in. Making sure I notice the lights and sounds. Christmas carols aren't even bothering me this year. We put up the tree and lights at home the week after Thanksgiving and even have wrapped presents under there as I'm writing this. We're finished shopping and it feels good.

Justice started crawling about a week and a half ago. Now, when I say he started crawling, I should clarify. He has been pushing backwards on his hands and knees for quite some time now - about 2 months. He was doing really well with it too - except that he kept getting farther and farther away from his target. So, on the seventh, he started actually putting more than one knee forward in a row. Now, he's got this thing down pat. It's kind of scary actually. I'm learning just how dangerous my house is for a 7 month old. Last night, he got pretty stinkin' close to the fan in our room. Do they have child safety things for fans? I guess it's called the off switch.

On top of everything else, he thinks everything is hilarious! I took him to the grocery store and sat him in the front of the buggy. The entire time he simply dangled his legs and giggled at the oatmeal boxes and bread and other items that line the aisles. He also tends to think the car door is funny and Lilly our dog.

I hope that your Christmas season is as enjoyable as mine has been. Having Justice around makes everything more fun - except perhaps when he wakes up at 3 am just because. Perhaps he's teething again.

Merry Christmas!
Joy





1 comment:

Lorelie said...

Merry Christmas Joy! To your little boy and your big guy, I hope you have a wonderful holiday. Wish I could be there to laugh with Justice. He is soooooo cute in those photos!!!! Love you.