Friday, July 11, 2008

Last Night

Do you ever wake up in the morning feeling like you were beaten up in the middle of the night but can't remember why. I know that for all of my friends who might imbibe every once in a while this may not sound all that foreign but for me, this morning was awful. However, I knew just why I felt that way - his name is Justice.

At 3:30 this morning he awoke. I gave him some tylenol for the fever he had and expected him to go right back to sleep. Nope, no dice. Around 5 a.m. he went back to sleep and well, so did I, finally.

There aren't a whole lot of times when he pulls these sort of stunts but this morning when he woke up at 7 am refusing to be put down - at all, or fed, or changed, or coaxed, I honestly thought that I might take him to the Kiddie Bank and sell him to the highest bidder.

I know, he doesn't feel good but there are days when sleep deprivation kills all of your rational brain cells.

2 comments:

Lesley said...

And yet you still found the energy to do my quiz!

Poor Joy...and poor Justice. I'm sorry you're not feeling rested.

Jill said...

i hear ya! we had that night over here on saturday night. it's crazy!!