Tuesday, December 07, 2004

I've been making my way through Isaiah lately. I've always wanted to know more about prophecy concerning Jesus but then this summer some other really cool knowledge was imparted to me that came from the book - so I figured that I would make my way through it.

Well, all of it hasn't been all that mesmerizing as I thought it would be. So many things aren't always as they turn out. I'm on chapter 16 and so far all of it has been God's wrath towards a people who have badly treated and abused their God and forgotten about Him. I've learned a whole lot about that - perhaps I'll go over that in another blog.

But I was having a hard time. I didn't understand how it applied - all this war and every once in a while there would be a tiny glimmer of hope, a little ray of sunshine. Those were the verses I really enjoyed. Perhaps because I don't understand war. I've never been a part of it, never seen it and after seeing the movie "Saving Private Ryan" I never want to be anywhere near it.

Anyway, this morning, I simply prayed before I started reading, "Lord, I don't understand how all of this applies to me but I want to know your word. If that's all that I get, then that's okay because at least I'll have a better understanding. But please help me to glean something from it today - reveal yourself to me, help me to know you better through your word. Please speak."

So, I started Chapter 16 and Moab was getting beaten up pretty bad by the Assyrians but then, right in the middle of the chapter verse 5 happened. You know what it says? "In love a throne is established; in faithfulness a man will sit on it - one from the house of David - one who in judging seeks justice and speeds the cause of righteousness." Amen! That's my Jesus he's talking about and he's comeing. Well, he came but every Christmas it's like he comes again and this Christmas he gave me something new to hold on to. I want to be like him. I want to seek justice and speed the cause of righteousness. There's hope - right in the middle of war, there's hope. Right in the middle of despair there's faithfulness.

I hope this Christmas season you're looking for him to come in love. I hope he has established a throne in your heart and life.

Justice and Mercy,
Joy

2 comments:

ScottB said...

I'm reading through the prophets myself as a part of a course (all of them in five weeks, if you believe it!) and I've found that it's put a new perspective on Advent for me. The prophets present both the need and hope for messiah. I've found new meaning in the lyrics, "Oh come, oh come, Emmanuel, and ransom captive Israel."

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info hosting provider Biltrite furniture vancouver Cybersitter for teens B tenuate b Rated cheapest best extra cover private health ins Jackpot slots training online Dodge truck dealers texas Washer fluid volvo 850 suzuki gsxr 750 water filters spam filter shemale movie