Thursday, October 27, 2005

Pictures from the Trip

I didn't have enough pictures to show you the finished product here but I can in the next couple of days. This is the picture of the pit we cleaned out and sealed. It was one of the main drains for the corps but the Lieutenents' sons also lived in a room that shared a wall with this pit. Unfortunately the mold which was growing on the outside of the pit had crept into their room. So, we cleaned the walls to their room and the pit and then sealed the pit. I hope it holds off the mold for a while.



We were also able to waterproof their roof. It didn't look so bad from the outside but the huge waterspot on the inside said differently. It rained every day before we arrived and we were afraid we might not get a change to get this project done but we didn't see a drop the entire time we were there.


I don't know if you can tell from this picture or not but the chapel we started with was not the chapel we ended with. In the beginning the floor was loosely covered with three pieces of carpet that had the seams showing - so we took them up and laid cement and waterproofed the floor. Then we added carpet.


I believe this last picture is of Joe hard at work. He gets paid the big bucks you know!


This is just a picture of the last day of laying cement. Thank goodness I only had to do this for one day. I had some serious nose problems after I breathed in all of that cement dust.

No comments: