Friday, November 11, 2005

Small Group

Last night was small group. Four women get together at Maggie's house and we're working through the book The Sacred Romance. Last night's discussion was about "The Message of the Arrows." Basically we talked about the things from the past that have struck our hearts and caused pain and along with it sent a message to us that is untrue - i.e. I'm not good enough, I'm a failure, etc. It was a good night. While we all shared really deep things from our past and the atmosphere was heavy at times, I left last night knowing that I had been in the presence of three beautiful women and in the presence of God. I knew that He was blessed at the fact that we were sharing our hearts with one another and our lives. I continue to come back to the fact that He is a God of relationship and He desires for us to be in community with one another. What I'm blessed by is that He saw my needs before I knew them and decided to place me in this group.

I'm also blessed that others have decided to choose this path too. I want to say thank you to Kelly for making this happen and to everyone else for enriching my life every week.

I love you guys,
Joy

3 comments:

Phil said...

And I know my wife is enjoying it, too.. Thanks, Joy.

Kelly said...

"for making this happen" how sweet! you know me, a mover and a shaker, i make things happen around here.

(i say that with far less seriousness than it reads)

Laura said...

I wish I could've been there. I agree with you that God has placed me in this group because He has something to show me. See you after Thanksgiving.