Monday, March 20, 2006

Correction

Today I stand corrected. I should really consult the Word of God before I decide whether or not something is or is not Biblical. My good friend Anna pointed out to me that the saying "God is not a God of confusion" does indeed come from scripture and is not just some cute little saying that church people throw at us in the middle of a crises. I was wrong. I have been wrong in my life about a lot of things. I just wasn't ready for the simple that day - that's all.

I'm not quite sure I'm even where I was when I wrote last time. I think it was a pretty saying really - to ask God not to calm the storm but to show me his presence in all of it. I was too quick to criticize the disciples though. I always am.

Right about now I'm wishing the Lord would wake up and calm the storm.

In other news however, my beautiful cousin Leslie just had a gorgeous baby girl named Lindsey Nichole yesterday who weighed 4 pounds and 14 oz and was 19 inches long! God is the author of life.

1 comment:

sixonefour said...

Hey Joy,

You know what? I still agree with your original post. That piece of Scripture is often taken completely out of context.

Paul is talking about how a worship service shouldn't be all disorganized with some folks speaking in tongues, a bunch of women gossipin' and with everybody trying to preach or speak out a word from the Lord at the same time and on and on...

The premise of the Scripture is there, which is, God doesn't stir us all up for His own evil amusement at our suffering.

He's instead about drawing us into Christlikeness and the fullness of peace, His Shalom..."God (who is the source of their prophesying) is not a God of disorder and confusion - but a God of peace and order." Checkout 1 Cor. 14:30-34 Amplified Bible

SO...do I believe that your life might be in a hard place because God wants to draw you into maturity and Christlikeness? Yes.

Might that be tough and feel like a whirlwind? Yes.

Are you out of God's Will for your life because all of a sudden things don't happen 'easily' and obviously? No.
Do I wish that Rob and I lived closer so that we could hang out? Yes.
grace to you...