Monday, July 10, 2006

Jamie Cullum at Chastain Park

So, for Marty's birthday I bought him tickets to go see Jamie Cullum at Chastain Park. I never knew how absolutely cool the venue at Chastain Park is. Before Jamie ever came on stage, I had already vowed that Marty and I would be back - with a picnic next time! It was absolutely fabulous and even though I had already had dinner - I needed some food just to feel like I was getting everything out of the experience! Those chocolate strawberries were the best I have ever had - no kidding. Thank you Whole Foods.

Jamie's opening act was the Gabe Dixon Band. They are really incredible and you would do well to buy his CD. In fact, I would do well to buy his CD.

Then, Jamie Cullum came on stage and for the rest of the night I could not stop singing or smiling or clapping. He is dynamic on stage. He jumps off of his piano, steps on the keys with his foot yet all the time he's making incredible music. He began with "Ordinary Life" which is one of my favorites and then continued to play every single one of the songs I love. My favorite song that he performed was "These are the days." It was like there was magic in the air. You could feel it! I was mesmerized.

I'm not usually into just summarizing my evenings. I do usually have a point but not today. I just wanted to say that I had a great night last night singing and dancing and laughing to Jamie Cullum's rhythm.

If you haven't bought his CDs yet. Do it! You'll love his music, I know it!

Marty, thank you for a beautiful evening. I love spending my life with you.

3 comments:

Lorelie said...

Great post! I was thinking about you last night so I am happy to hear that you were in a good place. Got your message and would love to chat before you leave. Miss you!

The Turbyfill Family said...

Hey, I'm soo bummed I didn't know Jamie was in town. I love his music! Cool to know that others do too. Glad you guys had a good night.

By the way, thanks for leaving my first-ever comment on my blog ... I was so in awe! (And thanks for the tips ... very funny.)

Mhairi said...

Saw him in Edinburgh and in NY - incredible entertainer!

If he was only a few inches taller!