Monday, January 30, 2006

Retreat




There aren't words to describe how elated a girl can get when she watches her husband do what the Lord gifted him to do. Friday night Marty played at the Georgia ski retreat and he was able to do all of his own songs except for one. The response of the crowd, the presence of the Holy Spirit, the support of friends were all incredibly tangible. I couldn't stop beaming. I may be a little biased but I know he's got talent and I know he's going places. I just wish we knew which places.

Jason did a great job planning the Young Adult retreat. We took a detour from the beaten path and instead of doing normal meetings we had small groups for the entire weekend. Some of the studies were better than others but Sunday mornings left me begging for more. There wasn't enough time to finish the study and I really wanted to get there. I think it was partly because we studied one of my favorite scripture passages; Philippians 2: 1-11. Perhaps it's my favorite because I just can't get it. Anyway, I walked away begging the question - how much does obedience play a part in humility? What would it truly look like to "consider others better than yourselves" with regard to obedience to Christ? I think it's a legitimate question. One I don't want to rush past.

Saturday afternoon we skied. I was pretty impressed with my ability since it had been two years. I fell mostly when standing still or waiting in line. I'm not sure that many others can boast of that trait.

It was great to hang out with everyone - Bethany, Matt, Danielle, Kris, Jeremy, Kelly, Lesley, Jason, Robin.



It was great to hang out with everyone - Bethany, Matt, Danielle, Kris, Jeremy, Kelly, Lesley, Jason, Robin.

Thanks for making this weekend exactly what I needed - exactly that, a retreat.

2 comments:

Dawn Midgette said...

Now, it's been a long time since I've skied. So maybe things have changed. But it seems to me you would have had an easier time of it if there had been snow on your mountain. :)

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! Dose levitra 10mg proactiv miedziana samsung cell phones Fire alarm sounds wav http://www.parental-control-1.info/Router-parental-control.html Stress rosacea The golf guide leads the way Fullmetal alchemist game boy advance