Tuesday, March 13, 2007

A family Affair

This past Saturday was our first baby shower! Mom, Danielle, Kelly and I left Tucker early that morning (I didn't think 7 a.m. occurred twice on Saturdays but evidently it does - as does 6 a.m., the time when we woke up to be ready to leave at 7). By the way, I am also aware of the fact that once Justice arrives, I'll probably never sleep past 7 a.m. again. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

So, we got to Gastonia around 10:30. Most of the people who came were all family - even family members I didn't know showed up! Go figure! They even brought the best presents. One is pictured below - the blue and green quilt - love it! That's from my dad's cousin Judy who I had never met until last year when she and her two sisters came to Danielle's shower.

Poor Heather was the only non-family member there. She was a super sport about the whole thing and really got into it all - even though she doesn't do the girly things in life. She did mention however that my accent was much worse this past weekend than it was when I visited her and Rob a few weeks earlier. Warning - that's what family does to you.

That afternoon we had yet another shower for my prego cousin Kelly. She was so surprised and it was nice to be on the other end of a shower - taking pics, writing down gift items.

Sunday, got to hang out with Kelly (not the cousin but the friend), Lesley and Laura. We enjoyed brunch at Murphy's and then painted pottery to celebrate Laura's birthday. I'm excited to get our pieces back because everyone was so creative. Perhaps I'll get to publish pics of the finished products. Anyway, it was a great day to talk and listen, spend time with the girls, and hope for more opportunities like that.

Just in case anyone else is counting - we now have 5 weeks and 5 days left until the due date. Everytime I think about that I feel like someone just knocked the wind out of me. Is that a bad thing? Oh well.


My lovely aunts (who threw the shower), my mother and I behind the diaper cake. By the way, my mom saw what I was packing to wear that day to the shower and totally ambushed me.


Cousin Judy and I holding the lovely blanket she made for Justice.

The reversible blanket my Granny made for us. I love that Granny!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look great! Glad to see you had a good baby shower. You and Marty are in my thoughts and prayers. :)

sixonefour said...

your granny is a fireball! I had a blast and the punch was delish...my favourite southern belle shower yet!
loveH