Friday, April 20, 2007

Coming Soon to a Household Near You!

So, it turns out that if Justice doesn't show up before Monday, Marty and I will head to the hospital and I'll be induced on the 23rd! I'm not really excited about being induced, in fact, I truly am praying that he'll come on his own before then. However, I'm not willing to wait any longer than that. I know, some people would say I'm crazy for willingly being induced and perhaps I am but I know plenty of women who have been induced and have come out on the other side just fine!

You know what's nice about all of this? Today is my last day of work for 3 WHOLE MONTHS!! I leave my office today and I don't have to come back until mid-July!!! I can't tell you how exciting that is for me.

You know what else is exciting about today being my last day of work? After today, I will no longer have to walk down the hall and have EVERY single person stop me and ask a question that deserves a stupid sign. Here are some examples: "You still here?" No, I'm a figment of your imagination. "You still haven't had that baby yet?" Actually, I have. I did that over my lunch break. The doctors say the stomache swelling will go down in three to four hours. "You still hanging on?" Hanging on? Hanging on to what? "You ready to have that baby?" What gave it away? My waddling? My constant trips to the bathroom? The bags under my eyes (which I understand will just get worse when baby comes) from lack of sleep? Kelly said to me a few weeks ago that it's just people trying to be nice. I know. I do. That's what's kept me from screaming when it just becomes too much. But I'm ready to not be the person EVERYONE, even the people I don't know, feels compelled to say something to. It's hard to have the same conversation every day, about 10 times as you walk down the hallway, for weeks on end without becoming bored from the repetition. What I do appreciate are the people who ask the questions that aren't among the constant. For example, I had someone ask me the other day how I was sleeping at night. Now that's a thought out question from someone who knows. Someone else asked if the nursery was ready. Different - not completely creative - but different!

So, needless to say, I'm excited about the fact that today's my last day of work. I'm also excited that by Monday, if not before, I'll have a baby who is a direct reflection of Marty and I to hold in my arms and that thought alone is worth all of the stupid questions.

What do you have to look forward to in the coming months? Stories about spit up, feedings, firsts (smiles, laughs, stinky poos), all the baby talk you might not have ever wanted to know or read. If it all just gets too boring, I would tell you to let me know but I'm not sure it will matter.

So, farewell for a while! I'm off to have a baby!
Joy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Justice will be here soon! Praying for you and Marty. If there is anything I can do let me know. Can't wait to meet Justice!!

Laura said...

I know you are ready but in my selfish way I hope it is Monday. I want to be in town. I'm so excited for you guys and I can't wait to meet Justice.

Lesley said...

Leave it to Kelly to bring up that people are just trying to be nice.

Because my advice would have been that at 30+ weeks, you're allowed to be as bitchy as you want.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new baby boy!!! We are SOO excited for you. Take help whenever offered and rest as much as you can. :)