Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A Public Apology

There are times in your life when you're embarrassed to admit something. This is one of those times.

I have caved. I have fallen victim to one of those mailings. Oh, you know what I'm talking about. It's one of those mail a copy of this letter to 100 people and then mail a dishtowel, book, recipe, apron, glove, rocketship to the person whose name is listed on the back of this letter so that everyone who used to think you were cool and with it will now despise you for the rest of eternity mailings. Usually I say to my family, "I WILL NOT participate" and they huff and say okay. I thought that by now they would stop including me in such mailings but as it turns out, I received one from an aunt last week. This time around I feel pressure. I have said no and been rude so many times that I can't do it again. So, I am now facing public ridicule and criticism because I am forcing my plight onto others.

I wanted to say now, before you receive your letter, that I am sorry and you don't have to do it. Honest, no pressure. I don't even think that the people to whom I'm mailing the letter read my blog but I just thought, in the off chance that they might, that I should get it out there and off my chest. This way, I don't have to tell my family one more time that I refuse.

Thanks, dear internet, for understanding.

2 comments:

sarah jewett clarke said...

you are funny joy mikles

Anonymous said...

you make me smile. :)