Monday, September 22, 2008

What a waste of a weekend

So, this weekend was all about getting our little, lovely house ready for an open house. I didn't think it would take much but to be quite honest it took a little more than I thought. We cleaned toilets and countertops and floors. We mowed the grass (well, Marty did that) and Dad Mikles, bless his generous, loving heart, bought and spread mulch into the flowerbeds to make the outside more attractive. WE EVEN PULLED THE GRASS AND WEEDS OUT OF THE CRACKS IN THE DRIVEWAY!!! I mean, she was gorgeous before but after Saturday she was hot to trot.

Sunday was the open house from 2 to 5 p.m. We showed up right at 2. Marty put out the signs. I baked brownies. No, they weren't from scratch but they were the Tollhouse kind that have a layer of lovely peanut butter in the middle. All of this for all of the passersby who wanted to take a tour.

2:30 - no visitors yet
3:00 - no visitors still
3:30 - more of the same (at this point I had to take a walk to talk myself down from the ledge)
4:00 - nope, not yet
4:30 - just 30 minutes left, please someone just come look!
5:00 - not one single soul

The worst part of all of it was that I gave up quality time with Justice to do all of this and it was for nothing. I have irrational fears now that my house will never sell and that I will have to be one of those people who lives with her in-laws (which isn't a bad thing, really it's not, in fact, I've gotten to do a lot of fun stuff because we live with them that I couldn't have done if we didn't - like learn tennis, but it's still not MY house if you get what I mean) for the rest of her life.

So, dear internet, I'd like to sell my house. I'm not picky who buys it. I don't even care what they to do her once I'm gone. I just want to start planning my future and I can't because here I sit waiting on a home to sell in a horrible ecomony!

Yay!

P.S. If you'd like to take a look at it, just click on the title of the post. It's linked to the mls page.

1 comment:

Jill said...

yep. i know exactly how you feel. i really hope yours sells....we had to take ours off the market when mom moved. but i know how you feel.....and it sucks!