Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Yippee!!

So, I blogged a while ago that Justice FINALLY says Mama but I was a little premature with that post. Sure, he would say Mama but only when upset. I was a little uncertain as to whether or not that was just his whine, "mamamamamamamama" or if he was calling me to save him.

Last night, however, we had a breakthrough! I don't know what happened but for the past weekend and into this week we've been really pushing my name with him. At my parent's house in Charlotte we went around the table. "Who's that Justice?" "Nonnie." "Who's that?" "Boppa." "Who's that?" "Da da." and "Who's that?"

crickets

So, at that point Marty started drilling him. "Who's that Justice," Marty would ask while he pointed at me. "DA DA," Justice would cheer. Last night something clicked and Marty asked again and the response was different. "Ma ma!" Again this morning we asked about 4 times and each time the answer was correct. I can't tell you how my mommy heart swelled. He's such a good boy but for a while there I thought he might think I was just an extension of himself or his daddy. Now I am my own person in his eyes!! Yippee!!

We'll see if this success continues or if I get relegated once again to being called Da Da.

3 comments:

Dawn Midgette said...

Meanwhile, Jake still calls me AAAAAAHHHHHHUUUUUUGGGGGG!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Can I tell you that Caleb could say the dog's name before he said 'mamma'!!! Yup, he had a 50 word vocabulary before he finally said 'mamma'. Maybe it's just a boy thing. :)

Dawn said...

I hear ya! Daniel has called me "mimi" for the last couple of months. He finally started saying "mama" this weekend. I know how amazing it feels!