Wednesday, November 17, 2004

I blew it!

I'm a goat. I realized it last night. When God separates us, sheep on his right, goats on his left, I'll be on the left. I denied my savior last night. I denied him food. He came to me and asked and I turned him away. You know what Jesus looks like? He looks like a homeless man without any teeth wearing a red shirt that got on the Marta at the Arts Center Station holding a tiny sign and pointing to his mouth then holding out his hand with just a single quarter in it. I don't know if he could speak but he didn't. However, you got his point. He was hungry and looking for money.

And I've been trained. Don't give them money - they only buy drugs and alcohol with it. Okay, so I don't. But last night I had a chance. I was loaded with food - supper for Marty and I. What could have been a feast to this man. And instead of handing over the sack - or even just one tupperware container. I just simply shook my head. What's really sad is that I had even told myself that if anyone asked for food on the way downtown that I would give it to them because they needed it more than I did. And I DIDN'T!!!

How disgusting I am. What a wretched sinner. I met Jesus last night on the southbound train and I rejected him.

When I told Marty he said, "There will be other chances." What about the one I just missed? I'm tired of missing them. Tired of being this way and living this way.

So, next time you see me, and there's a little fur around my collar please don't try and remove it - it's a part of me.

2 comments:

KIMISLOVED said...

Please Prayer! I just found out a very good possibility for a building for our student center. Please pray specifically for this building...we'll know in a few weeks if this can work. It'd be for free too! Oh wow, Joy!
Pray! Thank you

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... » » »