Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Yesterday I was privileged to sit through a conference on Integrated Mission. What's that? you ask. My response would be, good question, I'll let you know when I figure it out. What I think or what I understand is that it's much more about people leaving buildings and programs and money and becoming part of neighborhoods and communities and taking the gospel to them because they're certainly not attracted to our fancy buildings - go figure. Actually, it all sounded pretty familiar and resonated within me a desire to live that kind of life. A life surrounded by the gospel - not a Sunday, Wednesday, Corps Building gospel. It's a challenge to be S.A.L.T. (Support, Appreciation, Learning, Transfer) in your community - wherever that might be. There are many many people out there already a part of integrated missions - my hand just goes up like a kid in first grade crying out - "Oooh, Oooh, pick me, pick me!"

Let's get on board. Let's become a part of what Jesus was about - being a part of peoples' lives, where they worked, lived, ate, went to school, hung out. I like that idea.

My favorite part of the conference was the end however, when I got to speak with Allison - one of the leaders of integrated mission. Basically, we just talked. About today, where I am, where I want to be but most importantly, what I should be doing in the meantime.

Now, I've got some ideas to grasp onto. Something to look forward to that brings missions into my life without having to wait for Marty to graduate. Isn't that amazing and wonderful! Now there's a challenge.

Finding Grace,
Joy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP 99 mazda protege Vw+cd+changers